In today’s digital world, video testimonials are a powerful and great way to build reliability and trust for a mission-driven business. It helps to create credibility for your brand because they show an authentic experience. It has the power to enhance conversion and convince visitors to take action because it is a testimonial that is coming from a genuine customer who has used your product.
In some cases, where you have already attracted an audience and convinced them to join your mailing list, but still, they are not ready to buy your product or service. Here, video testimonials are a great way to convince your audience to take action. In fact, it is the most powerful marketing and sales tools you should include on your website. It provides valid arguments in favor of your service from real people and justifies what you say about your business.
Why to use Customer Testimonials Videos?
Customer video testimonials are extremely helpful because they present a real person who has benefited from your service. It helps a lot when you need to boost brand trust and they will inform your target audience of how great your product is. These videos work great in the decision stage because they are meant to close deals.
The fact is that most consumers look for reviews online before they buy a product, so the best move you can make is to take advantage of this fact and start the conversation yourself! Businesses use customer testimonial ads to build and enhance trust so it should be a must in almost all video marketing strategies.
There are many ways to use video testimonials. You can use customer video testimonials in several ways like on the landing page of your website, social media, webinars, podcast video ads, etc.
Videos have a high retention rate which means people who watch a video remember as much as 95% of it as compared to the text. Make use of videos for marketing is the finest thing you can do as your audience is more expected to remember and retain video content. So, you should always use customer testimonial videos in marketing strategies.
It provides you with a great opportunity to engage with your subscribers and bring them back. Not all the subscribers are active buyers and they belong to different funnel stages. Those who haven’t purchased from you yet, send them customer testimonial videos via email and persuade them to become your customers. Such an email drive can prove to be a turning point for your enterprise.
It is substantial for all types of businesses to take online reviews seriously and use positive testimonials to build brand image & gain customer loyalty.
Video Testimonials are one of the best ways to do this. Businesses using testimonial videos are definitely going to have a top chance of winning over consumers than businesses with no video testimonials. As you have seen, there are many great reasons to create a customer testimonial video for your company, but there is definitely a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Here are some fundamental dos and don’ts that must keep in mind when putting together your next video testimonials.
- To create an attention-grabbing introduction: Many viewers will stop watching your online videos if the video does not grab their attention in the first few seconds. To prevent this from happening with your videos, you really need to create a captivating introduction that connects with the viewer and allure them to continue watching.
- Do consider production quality: In today’s tech-centric world, recording a video using a cheap webcam is not going to cut it. This is why every business owner should consider production quality at the top when creating testimonial videos. You should not keep a video testimonial with poor sound quality.
Also, terrible sound removes all credibility from video and doesn’t keep a video testimonial that has poor lighting. If your video is yellow or pink or not clear, you should reschedule or reshoot in a different location. Also, don’t try to film this using your phone under any circumstances.
- Do publish customer testimonials: Publishing customer testimonials in the video is a powerful way to strengthen your business’s authority as an industry leader in its respective niche. Most consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
You can always publish reviews in the form of text and another great option is to publish them in videos. Also, if you are unable to meet the customer demand and record him or her in person, you may still be able to publish their testimonial in a video. Video testimonials such as this are highly effective and efficient at boosting conversion rates and winning over the trust of your target audience.
- Do use a relevant and captivating title: The title can make or break the marketing video. If the title is beside the point or poorly worded, few people may watch the video. On the contrary, an interesting and relevant video will encourage and persuade users to click and watch the video.
A fruitful and effective video title should be closely relevant to its content. Using a proper title is also important and essential for search engine optimization. If you want your videos to rank top in Google, you need to use a good and eye-catching title that accurately describes what the video is about. Search engines will butter up your videos, looking at the title and other information to determine an appropriate ranking.
- Do consider your audience: When creating videos for your business, you need to consider your audience. In simple words, you should know for whom you are creating videos. Different businesses have different target demographics. Your videos should be planned specifically for your target audience’s demographics.
So, it is recommended to think about who is most likely to watch your videos and customize your videos specifically for this demographic.
- Do Prepare: Preparation is very important and vital. There are many questions that you should prepare in regard to your product or service, for example, what do you want your final product to look like, do you want your client in front of the camera or do you want to put together a video full of multiple testimonials.
- Do have questions ready: What do you want your client to say? Asking questions from your users does not always lead to your desired answer. But you should prepare quote-worthy and event-instigating questions that encourage your clients to ethically recount their experience and represent your services.
- Prepare: Recording Video testimonials for business without any plans on what your customer will say is a recipe for disaster. You need to have an idea of what you are going to talk about when you start the process. Making a script is a great way to make the testimonial sound stiff and unnatural.
Your customer’s brand and personality are what make the testimonial so effective and efficient. We recommend businesses to come up with a list of questions to ask the subject of the testimonial and sharing them before you record the testimonial. You can also send these questions to the subject of your testimonial so they have an idea of what you will be asking them when the day comes. You do not have to stick to your list and in fact, you should not. Be conversational and respond to what your customer says with follow-up questions.
- To build emotional connection: If your audience can connect with the emotions of your testimonial subject, you will definitely have a very powerful marketing tool. This is why it is very important to get to the emotions underpinning the testimonial.
Finding that one of your customers was frustrated, overwhelmed, or struggling and that your product or service helped them get closer to the ideal they would hope for, is very convincing to potential customers. Remember this thing when you are planning your questions, talking with your customer, making or editing your video, and throughout the Product description engagement.
- Do add graphics and text: A simple video testimonial can be powerful, but adding graphics and overlay text can make it even better. It will keep the viewers engaged, at the same time, it is also a great way to share facts and statistics or highlight points you want to emphasize.
- Don’t stray away from topic: It’s easy to venture off-topic in videos. There is nothing wrong with being comprehensive, but you should keep your videos on the topic. Straying away from the core topic will only result in a disconnection between you and the viewer.
- Don’t forget Branding: Even if the prime objective of your video is to sell a product or service, you should still take benefit of this opportunity by branding your business as well. For example, you can edit your video to include an overlay of your business’s name as well as its logo, slogan, and other brand elements.
As your video creates views, these elements help to strengthen your business’s brand and that is one of the greatest and biggest benefits of video marketing.
- Don’t make it too long: Most internet users only watch short videos for around 10 minutes. There are a few cases in which long videos will work great. However, for most channels, it is the short videos that offer the greatest and longer results.
- Don’t be boring: Your audience does not need your video to tell them things they already know. You should always get to the point quickly. You might even feel like you are dropping into the middle of a conversation, which is good. Build a little curiosity and tension. It is boring to watch someone that tried to be something they are not and then the result will be stiff, formal, and awkward. Think about what captivates an audience.
- Don’t provide the same video testimonial several times: In case, you use different words in your videos that have the same theme, people will not care. If there are various videos, you should try to have different themes that are based on the abilities of your business.
- Don’t film against a complicated background: Never use the complicated background in your video testimonials. For example, bookshelves as a background are the worst. Your viewers will always concentrate on the items in the background rather than focus on the subject and their testimonial. Hence, keep your viewers focused and use the perfect background.
A Video testimonial for business is a great and powerful way to build the credibility, genuineness, and reputation of your business. Growing your business gets easier if you know what you have to do and how to do it. It can assist you to connect with your audience across multiple channels.
Just ensure that you reach out to all the happy customers for a testimonial video. Also, it is recommended that do not stop making videos even if you do not see results for the first few months. Give it time and with a little practice, you will surely have better video testimonials that will connect with your audience and turn them into loyal customers.